Saturday, December 22, 2007

Unconditional Love

Talking about tough women, it so happen that I met one of them, just last night. She is a mother of a handsome kid, who was born with ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder)

I was introduced to her by Eva, who asked me a week ago if I would be interested to help out in giving a communications training to spokespeople for autism. I said yes without any hesitation. And so, I met her last night, learning more about autism and her struggle to give the best for her 17-year-old son.

Gayatri Pamoedji is the founder of MPATI (Masyarakat Peduli Autis Indonesia). She has also published a book, Meniti Pelangi, where she shared her experience in raising her kid. When I read the first few chapters, I could feel her frustration and confusion, not knowing what was really happening to her son. But as I read further, I could also feel her determination, willpower, hope and belief that there must be a way to help her beloved son lead a better life.

I salute her for her persistence in fighting for the future of her son. A perfect example of an unconditional love, from a mother, to her son.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

have a closed contact with autis kids just recently, and could feel the mental pressures and frustrations of the parents. wish they could be cured and live like normal kids.