Monday, July 07, 2008

Holiday Program 2008

As always, when you are having a long mid year holiday, I enroll you to a holiday program. Last three years, you joined DoctoRabbit in Lebak Bulus. The year after, it was KidSport in Pondok Indah. And then, last year you went to DoctoRabbit again, but the one in Pondok Indah. This year, I signed you up to FastracKids.

They had three different themes for three weeks. The first one was Broadway Superstars, where kids learned to become actors and actresses, make-up artists, fashion designers and performance directors. The second one was Hi-Tech Whizkids, where kids were asked to make their own invention, and challenged to throw their ideas on new discoveries that would help them in their daily life. The third one was Millionaire Kids, where you learned the basic of economics, entrepreneurship, marketing and promotion.

I signed you up for the second and third theme.

On the last day of the program, parents were invited to attend a bazaar. I took a day off for this. When I came to the school, I was greeted by a little girl selling kids-made choco cookie. And as I went up the stairs, I saw some posters made by the kids, inviting people to come to the bazaar with their own words. I smiled, it was so amusing….. I saw other kids selling choco cookie and some artworks in the class, but I couldn’t find you. After waiting for about 15 minutes, you showed up all sweaty, with a jug of lemonade and plastic glasses on your hands. Apparently, you were selling the lemonade to the neighboring people!

At the end of the class, the money was distributed evenly to all the kids. Everybody received Rp14.000,-! I guess you can say that this is the first amount of money that you ever earned in your life. And you earned it by selling lemonade. I’m so proud of you…
.
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Son,

I hope that the Fun & Joy you have during your holiday, incl. visits to Ice Skate Rink, Ancol and
Jakarta Fair, will bring you new spirit when you return to school.