Thursday, September 06, 2007

Getting Old

Used to be that time passed so slow
Now it seems to be so fast

Running fast to get back home
Wondering where which way to go
Wish I’ve seen it thru my mother’s eyes
Now I stand alone…
I’m sitting here getting old

(a lyric of a song your pakde Yogo used to sing, don’t know what’s the title and who’s the singer)

I think one of the signs that you are getting old is when you feel that you don’t have enough time to do whatever you want to do. And that is exactly how I feel right now.

I found a comment from a visitor yesterday, saying that I haven’t been writing for a new post for awhile. Gosh, yes, I haven’t, despite the promise I have made to myself that I would write at least once a week.

This is my wish list: when it comes to how I want to spend my time

1) I want to spend more time with you, playing, talking and helping you with your homework (last night, you refused to finish your homework until I got home)

2) Yet, I’m also enjoying my time in the office, ensuring that everybody is enjoying their work as well (and I still have that 40 pages translation to edit by this afternoon)

3) And I also want to catch up with that good buddy of mine that I recently found after 20 years! (I cancelled the plan to meet this buddy yesterday, so that I can go home early and spend time with you. Yet, I was only able to leave the office at 7pm)

4) Not to mention that I want to chat and gossip with my two best friends, tante Elza and tante Ira, whom I haven’t seen for more than a month (I really miss them!)

5) And I want to tidy up the house, re-arranging my closet and get rid of those old clothes (I think I have been wanting to do this since two years ago….)

6) I also feel that I’m not spending enough time with my mom and dad, they are really getting old (love them, and sometimes I’m worried about them….)

7) And I want to write my short stories, there are so many ideas that are playing on my mind (I just wrote a poem instead, as it is shorter and easier and less time consuming!)

8) And I haven’t even finished reading Jostein Gaarder’s The Orange Girl, after a year! (this is soooo embarrassing….)

The seconds are ticking, there is so much more I want to do…, and I’m watching you grow, and I’m so afraid that I’m losing important and precious moments that I should have had with you. ..

No comments: