Friday, August 24, 2007

Without Me

Your school held a Parents Class Visit and therefore there’s no class for you today. I was supposed to come, but since I only received the invitation last night, I have to skip it this time. I have to go to work.

Anyway, your bude Vinny called and asked if you would like to join Annisa, Bea, Pancar and Ardhika to go to Ancol, and you jumped out of the bed when I told you the good news. You took a bath on your own, and when I knocked in to say goodbye, you stood still with your big puzzled eyes:

You: Oh, you are not coming with me to Ancol?

Me: No, honey, I have to go to work

You: Oh, I thought you are coming….

Me: No, honey, I’m sorry…. I didn’t know that you don’t have to go to school today. Otherwise, I would probably have asked for a day off

You: Other kids, are their moms coming?

Me: Yes, honey...

You: So, who will I be with?

Me: Mbak Irah will come and accompany you, don’t worry

You: Oh, okay……

With that, you quietly continued your bath. It looked like you took it quite well, yet I felt so sad and wonder what went on your mind. Honey, I know there is no way mbak Irah can replace me.

And with this posting, I want you to know, that I really wanted to be with you and spend a fun day in Ancol with you. But then again, sometimes – a lot of times – things do not happen as what we want it to be.

Thank you for understanding.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi mom...
salam kenal, senang sekali baca blognya, udah lama nggak posting ya??

Mom said...

Thanks for visiting Lya. Yeah, I should write more. Thanks for reminding.....

Anonymous said...

Son,
I'll do my best to always be around you and mom.