Saturday, July 07, 2007

Acquired: Skill Number 2

Learning from my own life, there are several essential skills and abilities that can help you enjoy your life to its fullest. The first three are:
1. swimming
2. riding a bicycle
3. driving a car

Playing with water is always fun, no matter how old you are. And I’m so glad that you have learned the basic, enough, that I don’t have to worry whenever you’re having fun in the pool.

And just about two weeks ago, you proudly told me that you have learned riding the bicycle without the training wheels. You looked so happy and so proud, and that really made me feel like a good mom – even though I wasn’t the one who taught you. I feel like I have succeeded in equipping you with basic, yet important skills that enable you enjoy your childhood. Congratulations honey…..

And for the driving skill, well, I’m not worried. Although you always said that you wouldn’t know how, you still have another 10 years to learn. So, it’s ok hon, plenty of time. For now, being able to swim and ride a two-wheel bicycle are enough to get you all the fun you want.


Picture from http://www.wpclipart.com/transportation/bicycle/bicycle_01.png

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mom is very right.
We both commited ourselves to prepare you to be a good and strong man.