Monday, July 09, 2007

My Sweet Little Boy

10.30 pm, we were in the bedroom, and I was occupied with myself, scribbling and surfing the net. Apparently, the cappuccino I had this afternoon was quite strong.

Just then, I noticed that you were also busy with yourself, making something out of an empty yakult bottle, tissue roll, scrap paper and an empty face powder box. I wasn't sure what it is until you explained excitedly that it is a high tech weighing machine and microscope, where you can see the numbers automatically (??). Hmm, okay, another invention….

I went back to my notebook after we talked a bit about what your "new gadget" can do. And then, from the corner of my eyes, I saw you quietly put it away, leaving the playing area neat and clean, before finally settling in for your night sleep.

What a sweet little boy you are! You bring nothing but laughter and cheerfulness. Never nag, never been a hassle, never ask for too much.

And for tonight, this is all you asked for:

“Mama, can I please have a choco sandwich before I go to sleep?”

Sure honey, I’ll get it for you…., right away! It’s always been - and will always be - my pleasure to serve you.

No comments: