Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Being On Your Own

As usual, when I wake up at night and can't go back to sleep, I browse the net from my O2. Last night, my blog-walking brought me to Di Sini, that belongs to my colleague, a young talented writer to be. She wrote a nice posting about my posting.

Just to remind you, she is the one who gave you that dinosaur and alligator eggs that hatched and grew bigger when you put them into water. You were so amused and kept on asking how it could happen. And until now, you still have them in the bathroom, refuse to put it away though they have become so wrinkled.

And just like you, she is also the only child in the family. I once asked her how it felt to be one, does she ever want to have siblings. To my relief, she said she has always enjoyed being the only child, never really feel alone and lonely - something I'm always afraid you would feel. In fact, I think she has become such a creative person because she has a lot of time on her own.

So honey, I hope being the only child will only make you a stronger person. Not always having me around would make you a decisive and creative person, somebody who knows what he wants and is not afraid of taking risks.

But of course, the world is not a place where you can find all answers. So when things are getting too much for you, when you are not sure which door to open, you know you can come to me. I may not be able to give you answers nor direction, but at least I will always be there, and here, for you. That's what a mother is all about.
xxx
Picture taken from here

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for your wonderful posting, mbak :) *oh, tissue, please*

and yes, i'm happy of being the only child. furthermore, i think i'm lucky, because being accustomed to be on my own have shaped me into a stronger person...

Mom said...

You're welcome, Han. Your parents are lucky to have you, just as I am to have my kid.