Monday, May 14, 2007

Story Telling: Who is Telling Who?

Last night was funny. As usual, as soon as I turn off the tv and dim the light, you would shout “tell me a story!”. And I would ask you “What story do you want to hear tonight? Batman? Ben 10? Spiderman?” And last night you wanted a combination of the three characters: Ben10, Jimmy Neutron and Danny Phantom

And so I began: “One day, Ben10, Jimmy Neutron and Danny Phantom were studying in the class room when something happened….,”. And then, before I could say another word, you continued the story for about five minutes, before saying ”Ok, mama, now you tell me the story…” So, I continued with few sentences, before, again, you interrupted with your version. And this happened repeatedly until I felt so sleepy hearing your voice and close my eyes. I fell asleep until you woke me up “Mama, open your eyes and continue the story….” .

Hahaha, I felt it was so funny, as if you were the one who was telling me a bed time story. Hmmm, this is the kind of moments with you that I would always treasure. And you know what, when I am getting really old, I would really like you to tell me a bed time story. I think it would be very nice.

Picture taken from here

No comments: