Sunday, May 20, 2007

Don't know what you've got till it's gone...

I found a beautiful posting, while I went blog-walking on this beautiful Sunday morning. It belongs to an RCTI’s reporter who recently launches a semi-biography of Tukul Arwana.

This is what she wrote, in August 2005, one and a half years after her mom is gone:

"Dont know what i've got till it's gone..."

Satu setengah tahun yang lalu Mama ku pergi menghadap Tuhan. Sangat banyak hal2 yang belum sempat aku sampaikan kepadanya....

"Ma...akhirnya ira diterima kerja...ini berkat doa Mama"
"Ma...ini gaji pertama ira ...semuanya hadiah buat Mama aja"
"Ma...ira bentar lagi dapat bonus ..nanti gajian kita jalan-jalan ya"

Juga, pada saatnya nanti, tak bisa lagi aku sampaikan kepadanya...

"Ma...kenalin, ini calon suamiku..."
"Ma...mohon do'a restunya, ira mau menikah..."
"Ma...ini cucu Mama, ajarin ira jadi ibu yang baik seperti Mama ya..."

Arti seorang ibu seperti udara bagi kehidupan manusia. Begitu besar arti kehadirannya... namun seringkali kita tidak menyadari....Sampai saat kita harus kehilangannya

I can perfectly understand how she felt, and I feel so lucky that I still have my mom and dad by my side throughout the important stages of my life. But then, as Ira said, “Begitu besar arti kehadirannya... namun seringkali kita tidak menyadari....”

I guess this is what most children feel about and do to their parents. They love them, they know they should spend more time with them, yet there are a zillion kind of other things to do before they have time to express their love and care, to visit them, to spend time listening to their blabbering stories, or even just to give them a mere “how are you today” phone call.

Hmmm, gotta make that call now…. (after uploading this post…..)
xxx
(Picture of your eyang kakung and eyang putri - reproduced for their 80th birthday in 2004. Isn't she beautiful?)

1 comment:

Ira Lathief said...

Thx you 4 this posting mbak! I feel honoured that u have moved by what i've written. I guess you're a good daughter as well as a great Mom!

Aku link blog mbak ya.
Btw, aku skr udh gak di stasiun Okeh itu lagi :)