Monday, August 28, 2006

The Batman Cloak

The tailor has promised you that your Batman cloak would be ready today. And so, that was your first question when you woke up this morning “Mama, let’s pick up my new Batman cloak, let’s go now, mama. It’s Wednesday isn’t?”

You were all excited and restless over the new cloak, which made me silently pray that the cloak would turn out exactly as what you expected. Looking at your eyes and smiles and wiggles, I wouldn't be able to bear it if you were dissapointed.

You actually already got two Batman cloaks. The first one was made by your Bude Diana. Very nicely done, compared to the batik cloth that you used to wear as a cloak. Then a few weeks later, I found a nice Batman costume in Metro. Wow, you were so proud wearing it, and you showed it off when we went to the malls. You looked very proud when people look at you and said: “Hey, there’s Batman …..”. But both cloaks are not as big and long as you wanted it. So, I decided to make you another one.

Back to that day the cloak was ready, I had to attend the parents meeting, and while I was at your school, you kept on calling me asking the same question again and again. Only when I got really firm that you stop.

When I got home, I found a paper attached to the stairs with your drawing of a wall clock pointing at 5 o’clock, the time I told you you could pick up the cloak at the tailor.

And for the rest of the evening, as everybody can foresees, you proudly wore the cloak, jumping here and there, refuse to put it off, until you doze off …… I wonder what was in your mind when you were wearing that Batman cloak. Hmm ……

(Written on August 23, 2006)

No comments: