Monday, August 28, 2006

Swimming Lesson

I’m so proud of you. It’s been only your third swimming lesson since I enrolled you two weeks ago, and I can see that you are beating your friends (who’s been taking swimming lesson earlier) already. Between the four pupils, you were always ahead.

On your second lesson, your teacher told me, “He’s a fast learner, very diligent and obedient”. And then he said that you can begin using the flippers right away, which make me happily spent 250 thousand rups for your flippers.

So, do you think you want to be a professional athlete? I would be proud. But then, I would be proud of you whatever you do. I just want you to take swimming lessons so that you can swim safely, ‘cause I know how you love to be in the water. Besides, they say swimming is good for your posture. And good swimmer can also attract girls you know… ha…ha.. ha.

Anyway, I think 6 is a good age to start the swimming lesson. I really hope you wouldn’t end up like me, who cannot swim, and therefore missing all the fun of water activities.

(Written on August 10, 2006)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You really are a very good swimmer, son.