Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The Most Important Person in My Life

How would you know who is the most important person in your life? Sometime you just know it, but in many case it’s hard to substantiate it.

Well, now I know how to substantiate it when I said that you, my son, are the most important person in my life.

Last night, my office threw me a surprise birthday party. Well, actually, I wasn’t really surprise, knowing how nice and creative all my colleagues are. I was just wondering who would come to my surprise birthday party.

So the party went, one by one my ex colleagues and clients showed up, and it was really really nice to meet them again. I’m really touched that they come for my birthday.. The food was also extra yummy , we had pasta, fruit salad, shrimp and mussel…..plus some wine. But something was missing ……., I wish you were there, surprising me with your big hug and a loud shout “mama …..!!!!,” And I long for you even more when friends, colleagues and clients who knows you asked me how were you doing.

When I got home at about 11 pm, you were already in your peaceful dream. Your dad told me that you kept asking about me. That was also your first question when you woke up in the morning “Mama, why did you come home so late last night? I was waiting for you.”

Honey, I was actually waiting for you too the whole night, though I know it’s a wishful thinking knowing that it was way past your bed time. Then I realized why I wanted to see you so much on that special night for me. It’s because you, my son, are the most important person in my life. The person I want to share all my precious moments with.

(Written on 26 August 2006 - Picture shows flowers from Daisy of Pfizer beside one of my favorite photos)

No comments: