Saturday, April 14, 2007

The Dinosaur Story

Saturday morning, we were watching a Hallmark film with dinosaurs.

You: I want to be a dinosaur, a young dinosaur
Me: Why a young dinosaur?
You: So that nobody would kill me. And you can be a fairy
Me: Why?
You: So that you could save me if somebody wants to kill me….

and then.....

You: But, I want to be a fairy too….
Me: Why?
You: So that I can do magic……
Me: Such as……?
You: Well, with magic, I can have any toy that I want. So that you don’t have to spend anymore money for my toys

(Hmmmm…..)

Anyway, the Hallmark story was about a mother who thought that a dinosaur had eaten up her two children. She was really desperate and wanted revenge by stealing the dinosaur’s eggs. She was so busy finding ways to destroy the eggs that she actually didn’t look for her children at the right place. And just when she was about to destroy the eggs, her children showed up.

Morale of the story: when you are sad, desperate, confused, angry, disappointed, try not to fill up your heart with hatred. It would be hard, but if you do, you might take the wrong decision, and therefore make others feel sad, desperate, confused, angry, disappointed. We certainly don’t wanna make others feel what we don’t wanna feel, do we?

(Pic from here)

No comments: