Friday, April 06, 2007

PlayStation

You are always good at making stuff, and very creative too. Yesterday, when I got home, I found you with something that I first couldn’t figure out what. But when you hold it in the proper way, I couldn’t help but smile, a make-believe-play station!

You know that I wouldn’t buy you that game, yet. You never really whine for it, but I know that you actually want it, very much. Hence, this silly make-believe-playstation, made from two plastic photo frames (got them as a game prize in my last office away day), complete with a cable that you can plug into the TV.

I think there is still a controversy on whether this kind of game is good for kids your age. I once read a child expert (Kak Seto if I’m not mistaken) commenting that playstation can actually bring a positive impact, because it involves strategy and quick decision. But of course, as long as the kids are not addicted to it.

And now, there is this new kind of playstation at a quite reasonable price, Rp399 thousand. The game comes in various cartoon character version, such as the Hot Wheels, Avatar, and many more. Toy City and Metro display this new version of playstation at strategic spots and kids are allowed to try and play that game. In fact, just this afternoon, you spent almost an hour at Toy City playing that game (it was the Avatar version, your fave).

Seeing how much fun you had when playing that game actually makes me so tempted to buy it for you. But I’m not sure that you will not get addicted. And you know I will not always be around to remind you to stop if you are playing the game for too long. So until I am absolutely sure that I can trust you with that game, I will not buy it for you. I hope you don’t mind. (I still think your make-believe-playstation is so cute though……)

No comments: