Saturday, April 21, 2007

Kartini Day

Today is Kartini Day. What does it mean? To me, it is a reminder that there is no difference – in terms of opportunities – for men and women. Women can – and should - decide for themselves, fight for themselves, and be an independent individual. And for men, I guess it is also a reminder that they should respect women in any way.

And this is what I would like you to be when you grow up, a man who respects women.

But how do you show respect? I believe women want to be listened to, to be trusted, to be understood. Though at times they like to feel that they are being lead, guided and protected, they want to - and should – be an equal partner to men. And when a man can value what a woman want, that’s when he shows respect, and consequently, also earn it.

Trust me, women respect men who respect women.

(pic from here)

No comments: