Monday, April 02, 2007

Comics

I think you have just begun to like reading comics. I bought you comics before -Batman, Cars - but you did not seem to be too interested. After flipping a few pages, usually you just let it lying there.

But with the one you bought last week end, I can feel the difference. It was a comic on Avatar, The Legend of Aang. The size is quite handy, with colorful pictures.

You began reading it as soon as we paid for it. You kept on reading it on the car, and you read it again before going to sleep. And yesterday, when we went to the mall, you brought it with you and you just sat down reading it whenever possible. You told me what the story was all about, and you asked me to buy you the second series.

I wonder though, whether comics are good for kids your age. Some people said that comics are good as an introductory to the habit of reading. The colorful pictures will make kids like you enjoy the book and eventually, enjoy reading. But other people said that it makes kids lazy to read real books, because with comics, they can tell the story just by reading it a bit and looking at the pictures.

Hm, I wonder whether there is a study on this issue.

No comments: